How can a Dietitian help you stay Healthy?
Updated: Aug 13
The health industry can be confusing. There is so much conflicting advice and people can become misguided by the latest fads out there. Food, once seen as a primal need, has changed and it is now seen as a pleasurable experience. The food industry has developed to such an extent, offering so much processed food, that many people are at risk of developing chronic diseases as a result of the manufactured food that they eat.
Therefore, if you decide to seek advice regarding your health, you need to know that the advice is from a reputable source.
As Registered Dietitian, we employ a modern evidence-based therapeutic approach with a strong emphasis on disease prevention and promotion of wellness. The emphasis focuses on addressing the underlying causes of a client’s condition in order to achieve long-term health. This is of paramount importance to us as Dietitans to really help our clients by providing them with support and helping them to build new habits.
The human body is good at healing itself when it’s given the right set of circumstances. We need to eat as nature intended because whole foods provide the nutrients needed to bring the body into a state of optimum health.
So, it’s not all about weight loss. We have helped our clients to:
Improve digestion and gut health
Improve hormone issues
Get more energy and balance in their lives
Manage stress and anxiety
Feel better from the inside out
THE DIET ARENA Approach:
1. Identifying the Problem: We identify appropriate problems faced by the client by categorising under the major buckets:
Movement or exercise regime
Stress and sleep issues
Food abuse or addictions
2. Giving Relevant Interventions: Making it the most impactful
3. Measurable Guidelines: Guidelines provided are (SMART) Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound
4. Quick and Easy to Implement: We help in building habits that are easy to achieve and realistic to adhere to
5. Adherence to the Plan: We be in touch with the client on a daily basis to motivate them to do better and have a tracker or logbook for specific habit changes assigned to the client
The Key Is:
We keep things simple, straight forward and accessible.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy.